Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is Norfolk's Commonwealth Attorney lazy or incompetent? I can't tell.

For everyone too lazy to read the article, here’s is the Reader’s Digest version: 
-       
  •  Woman for quasi-city agency that Norfolk supports financially but really isn’t in charge of gets paid for twelve years without actually working.
  •  Norfolk Commonwealth Attorney investigates, concludes no crime has been committed and tells everyone to “Move along. There is nothing to see here.”
  •  Now a Norfolk judge has empowered a special Grand Jury to investigate and see if an actual crime did occur.

I am not a lawyer.  I have not been to law school.  I have no real legal expertise.  However, I have watched Matlock and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and I can say with pretty much 94% certainty that a crime did indeed occur.

Here is some free advice for the Norfolk city Attorney’s office.  At a MINIMUM, the person/persons who signed the time sheets and/or performance appraisal for the woman that never showed up probably committed some sort of financial fraud.  Again, I am not a lawyer so I don’t know the technical term is for the type of stealing but I would call it…..um….stealing.

It will be interesting to see what the Grand Jury says.   Assuming the members have some common sense, I suspect they will come back and say that “something is rotten in the state of Denmark Norfolk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment