Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holy ODU Division 1 football, Batman!

Conference USA is extending an invitation to ODU?!?!?!?

Interesting, very interesting.  I have mixed feelings on this.  As I have already talked about Navy becoming the Vanderbilt of the Big East, you would think I am completely against this possibility.

Well you would be WRONG. This is a completely different situation. 

Positives:
1.  More money.
2.  Faster move to division 1. 
3.  Better/more TV exposure

Negatives:
1.  Let's be honest.  This is Conference USA which makes the Big East look respectable.
2.  Lot more travel and loss of some built in CAA rivalries. 
3.  I'm not sure Foreman Field can handle the number of people this will require.  However, I don't think they would offer the invitation if they had not been assured it could.

Interesting times.  Things are moving fast for ODU football.  Maybe even faster than they expected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment