Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Requests - Random Observation

So I have gotten a complete of requests for my blog and I don't want to disappoint my hundreds of loyal followers.

1.  My take on the local election in Norfolk.  This one is quick and easy.  It is just like the Presidential election.  Once someone has demonstrated monumental incompetence and a history of wasting taxpayer's money (I am looking at you Barry) that person probably should not be re-elected.  Given that stance my opinion about the re-election bid of Barclay Winn is really easy.  After spearheading light rail with questionable figures and throwing away $150M+ and as an added bonus put a financial burden on Norfolk for decades to come, he probably should not be re-elected.  I would at this point vote for Bill the Goat.   For the simple fact, Bill would do no worse than Barclay.  Nothing I write is going to change the mind of anyone who is ready to vote for someone has demonstrated he should should not have anything to do with the city's finances.  

2.  The second request is one of my loyal readers is a little upset about Norfolk public works.  Apparently, Norfolk public works is only open from 0730 and close at 3pm.  That is a 7.5 hour work day with lunch.  Sounds like our tax money is hard at work.  This is Norfolk.  We are about to take control of an agency that paid a woman for 12 years to not come to work.  A 7.5 hour work day does not surprise me in the least. 

3.  As I get older, things that were not a big deal when I was younger are really starting to annoy me.  I guess that is part of the process of aging.  Now if only those kids would get the hell off my lawn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment